Elevation Preparatory Academy is an Internationally Accredited Private School serving grades 6-12.
Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
SEVIS Approved (F1 Visa)
NCAA Approved Curriculum (48 H)
College Board Level II Code (PSAT & SAT testing)
Florida Virtual School
EPA offers classes for all levels in the field of Math, Science, Social Studies, and English. From basic level to Advanced Placement.
Focus on Sports, Arts, College Placement, Life Skills, and Character building. Sports and Arts are offered at the Elite and Basic Levels. Elective Course credit will be given to students enrolled in a Specialized Program.
NOTE: If a desired course is not offered over 100 online courses are available through our partnership with FLVS.
- BELL SCHEDULE
- SAMPLE STUDENT SCHEDULE
- CORE COURSE OFFERINGS
- ELECTIVE COURSE OFFERINGS
“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.”
From Application to Acceptance! EPA College & Career counselors develop a personalized College Placement Plan for every student! Small group workshops, Individual Conference, Collaboration with Academy Coaches = SUCCESS!
- Search for the right school!There are thousands of Colleges/Universities in the USA, Which School is right for you?
- Understanding the Rules (SAT/ACT, Academic Requirements, Application Deadlines)- What do I need to do to prepare for College?
- Counseling- Individualized College Placement Plan. Academics, Application and Acceptance! We help you every step of the way!
- Collaboration with Students &Families, Teachers, and Academy Coaches to find the right school for your child!
- Eligibility- Academic Requirements, Resume Building, Credit Recovery, Interview Skills, Essay Writing!
- Selection- Which school is right for me? How much do I have to pay? What are the next steps?
- Scholarships-How do I pay for college? What Scholarships are available for me? None of our students pay full price to attend College! We identify and walk you through the scholarship process!
Elevation Preparatory Academy graduates have gone on to do amazing things. Take a look at some of the colleges that our graduates have attended!
|Alcorn State University
||Louisiana State University
||University of Central Florida
|Arizona State University
||University of Colorado
||University of Delaware
||University of Florida
|California State University
||University of Georgia
|Chicago State University
||University of Hawaii
||University of Illinois
|Coastal Carolina University
||University of Jacksonville
||University of Louisville
||Oklahoma State University
||University of Maryland
||University of Memphis
||Palm Beach Atlantic
||University of Miami
||University of Michigan
||University of Mississippi
||University of Nevada Las Vegas
|Florida Atlantic University
||Saint Francis University
||University of North Florida
|Florida Gulf Coast University
||University of Notre Dame
|Florida Institute of Technology
||Santa Clara University
||University of Oklahoma
|Florida State University
||Southern Methodist University
||University of Pennsylvania
||St. John’s University
||University of Rhode Island
|George Mason University
||St. Louis University
||University of South Alabama
|George Washington University
||University of South Carolina
||Texas Christian University
||University of South Florida
|Georgia Institute of Technology
||University of Tampa
||UNC Chapel Hill
||University of Virginia
||United States Military Academy
||Wake Forest University
||Univ. of Calif. – Los Angeles
||Washington and Lee University
|James Madison University
||Univ. of Calif. – Santa Barbara
||Washington State University
||Univ. of Calif. – Santa Clara
||William and Mary
The Specialized Programs offered at EPA are what separates us from our competition. EPA has aligned with proven professionals in their respective fields to create a curriculum that is exclusive to EPA.
EPA offers specialized programs to accommodate the following.
- Students enrolled in Elite Academy Programs!
- Students participating in School-2-Career!
- Students whose native language is NOT English!
- Students who want to make a difference in the community!
ELITE ACADEMY PROGRAMS
Our Elite Partner Academy are professionals in their respective fields. Hundreds of professional athletes have trained with our Elite Academy Partners: NBA All-Stars, MLB All-Stars, College All-Americans, Overseas Professionals, and amateur athletes looking to get to the next level. These Elite Academy programs are part of the curriculum at Elevation Prep.
(video of Elite Academy programs)
Students will work as an apprentice/intern in their chosen field. EPA has relationships with local professionals that provide our students “Real World” Experience in the form of internships or apprentice programs. Students who apply to this program must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 16 years of age or have parental consent.
- Must have means of transportation.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Students must attend “School-2-Career” seminar
- Students must meet all of the program requirements set forth in syllabus.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM (ELP)
All levels of English proficiency are welcome at Elevation Preparatory Academy. Upon registration all non-native speakers of English are required to take an English language proficiency test (TOEFL results are accepted). The ELP program is a requirement for all non-native English speakers and is graded on the pass/fail system. Students must pass each phase of ELP before enrolling into the traditional core curriculum.
Phases of ELP
- ELP 1- Assimilation– Students will familiarize themselves with a traditional American classroom setting, peer interaction, student teacher relationship, etc.
- ELP 2– Accommodation- Students will complete modified assignments in English. Teachers will create lesson plans with ESL modifications (extra time, cooperative learning groups, etc).
- ELP 3- Adaptation- Students will be fully immersed in classroom activities and assignments (limited modifications).
Achievement! – ESL students that have graduated from the ELP have demonstrated the skills necessary to succeed in a traditional English classroom setting!
REACH NEW HEIGHTS (COMMUNITY PROGRAMS)
The strength of any community is the people! In conjunction with our academy partners and the Sarasota Community REACH NEW HEIGHTS is a community-based initiative whose goal is to promote a healthy physical, mental, and social lifestyle through a combination of activities, college & career counseling, and basic life skills. Reach New Heightsstrives through hands on experience, to create a unique environment in which young adults of all abilities can feel free to imagine, create, and experience. Offered to all students, programs take place during the course of the school day or after hours depending on student’s schedule.
|· COLLEGE & CAREER COUNSELING
· SAT/ACT PREP
· HOME ECONOMICS
· CURRENT EVENTS
PHASE 1- ACTIVITY
Description: Students enroll in ONE of the following disciplines; Sports, Fitness, Arts. Each component is administered by established professional academies who are experts in their respective fields.
|· PERFORMING ARTS
· DIGITAL/VIDEO ARTS
· CREATIVE ARTS
|· “OUR Y” PROGRAMS
· FUNCTIONAL TRAINING
PHASE 2- COUNSELING
Description: Required for ALL students. Provides counseling/instruction for students in the following areas; career & college placement, academic support, and SAT/ACT preparation. Career center counselors also monitor student academic progress.
Note: Students who fail to meet minimum academic requirements will NOT participate in activity.
|CAREER & COLLEGE COUNSELING
|· COLLEGE 101
· FINANCIAL AID 101
· APPLYING 101
· RESUME BUILDING & INTERVIEW SKILLS
|· MONITORING STUDENT PROGRESS
· CREDIT RECOVERY
|· SAT/ ACT MATH
· SAT/ACT VERBAL
· TEST TAKING STRATEGIES
PHASE 3- LIFE SKILLS
Description: The Life Skills component is designed to instructstudents on essential life skills needed to succeed in the 21st century. The emphasis of Life Skills is physical and emotional health, embracing diversity, and promoting positive community relationships.
|HEALTH & WELLNESS
|· NUTRITION & FITNESS
· MENTAL & EMOTIONAL HEALTH
· SEX EDUCATION & HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
· BASIC FIRST AID
· INJURY PREVENTION & SAFETY
· LEADERSHIP SKILLS
|· HOUSEHOLD MANAGEMENT
· PERSONAL FINANCE & BUDGETING
· COOKING, SEWING, AND SHOP
· ETIQUETTE, DRESS, AND HABIT
|· DIVERSITY & TOLERANCE
· COMMUNITY RELATIONS
· CURRENT AFFAIRS